16 June 2005

I'm sure glad I decided to waste my time...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
FLASH! Dick York's "Bewitched" Contribution Underappreciated

With so many news sources available on the internet--particularly the very, very many sites through which you can get direct Reuters or AP feeds--I tend to no longer rely on Yahoo! (my gateway of choice) to collate the top stories for me. And good thing, too--today I decided to click on their "AP Top Stories" listing and found these headlines among them:

So there we have it: just about one-third of the Associated Press's "Top Stories" are ridiculous, unnecessary, or outright puff pieces. Congratulations, AP! You've handily beaten the "hard news" ratio of network "news magazines" and morning shows, and probably beaten the evening news ratio as well...thank God for print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home