24 August 2009

One of my periodic epiphanies

Five minutes on the right side. Roll onto back. Five minutes. Roll onto right side. Five minutes. Return to start and repeat again and again and again.

It kept me up for about two hours last night. It wasn't the usual wakeful worrying about money or health or any of the big life issues. No, instead it occurred to me that I wasn't writing enough.

This is a ridiculous thing. I am, after all, a writer. When someone asks me what I do for a living, I say, "freelance writer." I say this despite the fact that, since late in 1999, caring for the children has taken up the vast majority of my nonsleeping/noneating time.

The last time I abandoned Log & Line was about a year and a half ago, in early 2008. Maybe this return will be the same--a flurry of posts for a month or so, then a disappearance. But is the possibility of failure enough of a reason not to try? And at least, for a while, it may exercise my long-dormant fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home