27 August 2009

False Flag

I came across this article today, which suggests that the suspect behind the vandalism of a Democratic legislator's Denver office is...a Democrat.

Now, this did not surprise me in the least. Indeed, I often wonder why we don't hear more about this sort of "false flag" operation by political partisans. I'm sure it happens a great deal, on the right and the left. Yard signs are probably a big item, for example: how easy would it have been for Democratic operatives in 2008 to go around, steal Obama signs, then have a local Dem organization talk to the press about the fear and intolerance of the right? (And, before you start, I bet similar operations were carried out by the right.)

Whenever some information or story is too good to be true, my mind tends to consider a false flag cause. The Bush National Guard/Dan Rather dustup is one case in particular: the documents were such poor forgeries, and their appearance and debunking did so much to undercut the tale of Bush's service, that I have to wonder...was this cooked up by a right-wing operative? If so, I say kudos. 'Cuz you have to salute excellence, wherever you find it.

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home