28 June 2005

News Roundup 06/28/05

  • Ring Cycle: We're not sure what's causing it or how much we'll see, but let's toss a few thousand tiny spacecraft (and a few "gravitationally significant" ones) into orbit, and boy, we'll lick that global warming thing.
  • I sure wish I'd thought of this. That Justice Souter seems like a real life-of-the-party type, so I'm sure he'll get the joke.
  • At least the hemadrones are leaving me alone these days: "A California man facing life in prison for crashing his car into a UPS truck will not dispute that his actions resulted in the death of the driver when his trial opens Monday in Nevada County Superior Court. Instead, Scott Krause's defense will argue that the defendant believed he was trying to escape man-eating subterranean beings when he ran into Drew Reynolds' truck on Jan. 6, 2004." God bless America.
UPDATED: My April 2005 post on the Grokster case before the Supreme Court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home